Want to know how to measure success over the biggest micro-blogging network site? In this article, we will discuss the four ways to check your social media success on Twitter.
Use a specialized tracking system created by Social Profit Formula to measure traffic to your Twitter account.
Having many followers does not necessarily indicate social media success. You need to track down the number of followers who are paying attention or ready to take action to your marketing efforts.
Tracking @replies is one of the best ways to measure Twitter success. People who are responding to your tweets use @replies.
One of the best ways to measure social media success on Twitter is to track the number of re-tweets you get out of your posts. Re-tweets are your forwarded tweets that followers share with other followers.
What are Retweets?
When followers re-tweet certain posts on Twitter, they are basically forwarding the message to their own followers. Essentially, re-tweeting will help you gain more audience that are beyond your own circle.
For instance, let’s say you have about one thousand followers, with each of these followers having 100 of their own followers. When one of your follower re-tweet a single post, his or her 100 followers view it. That means you have 100,000 people reading and potentially, needing the kind of service or product you offer.
This is the beauty of social media. It is not simply communicating with your own followers but also having them share your own posts to other people.
In order to re-tweet, attach RT @username to the tweet. You can also use retweet@username but because there is a limit in the characters, it is not recommended. Some Twitter clients like TweetDeck allows for easy, one-click re-tweeting.
You can track your tweets and view people who re-tweeted your posts. Certain Twitter tools like Twetdeck or MarketMeTweet allow you to see everyone who re-tweeted your post in one place.
Another great tool to consider is Retweet Rank wherein re-tweet frequency are ranked and presented for users.
It is best to keep a close eye on your ranking to see if your social media efforts are paying off.
How to encourage people to re-tweet your messages
The following are five tips on how to get more people to re-tweet your posts and share with their own followers:
- Post valuable information. The greater the value of information you provide, the better the chances of them being re-tweeted.
- Write in an engaging and creative manner. If your posts were unique and relevant, it would get more people to re-tweet them.
- Help your followers learn more about re-tweeting and encourage them to spread your messages to people who follows them.
- Show appreciation when your tweets are re-tweeted. Say thank you to people that contributes to your success. The Social Profit Formula has dedicated an entire video module on the importance of thanking people for retweeting.
- Be subtle. Blatantly asking people to re-tweet your message will just turn them away.
- Use these tips and watch as your business reap the efforts from your social media campaign.