HubPages is a content sharing site that allows you to create a web page, called a “hub”, where you can post different social media content including articles, photos and videos on a particular subject.
Why should you use HubPages for your social media marketing campaign?
Benefits of using HubPages for social media marketing
1) HubPages provide great search engine ranking. A single HubPage can get you ranked number one in Google for a particular keyword or phrase in as fast as two weeks.
2) HubPages drive a lot of traffic to your page. Traffic that is coming in through HubPages through their search engines is around 25% of the total traffic you can get from Google.
3) HubPages is great for building image. Without realizing that you are actually writing for your own company, visitors view your hubs as a third party recommendation from an independent authority.
4) HubPages allow you to build incoming links to your site.
5) HubPages allow you to monetize your pages so your articles become more profitable to you than publishing them on your own blog or site.
Rules on putting up social media content on HubPages
To make sure your articles get approved for publication by HubPages, you must be aware of the following rules.
No spam. You cannot publish articles that promote another site or business.
No adult content. You cannot publish articles that contain nudity, sexually explicit content, and links to adult or pornographic sites.
No gambling. You cannot publish articles that promote gambling or online gambling sites.
No unfinished hubs. If you have an unfinished hub that you want to complete at a later time, leave it unpublished. You are also not allowed to do strictly personal or “test” hubs.
No deception. Your hub title and tags must match your hub content. You cannot add links that say they are going to one thing and they go to something else.
No non-English content. Unfortunately, HubPages only accepts predominantly English content.
No copied content. You cannot publish an article you have already posted on your blog or other content sharing sites. HubPages content must be absolutely unique.
Tips on how to write social media content on HubPages
When writing social media content for HubPages, make sure that your articles are informative, useful, richly detailed, and truly original. No fiction, no poetry, no promotional stuff.
Here are a few tips on how to create great hubs.
1) Add at least one picture to your hub and use the text wrap tool. Images result in higher readership and better search engine rankings.
2) Write good headlines to attract readers.
3) Monetize your hubs so you can earn a share of the advertising revenue.
4) Create a sidebar and add some useful resources or side commentary on it.
5) Break your long article into smaller sections and use the capsule ordering tool. If you have an 800-word article, you may want to consider breaking it into two or three smaller article capsules with around 200 words each plus an image, and then another capsule of 200 words with a YouTube video. Do not post just one set of text that goes all the way down. Make sure that your hub is visually attractive.
6) Use a combination of general and specific tags.
7) Use anchor text links. You are allowed to put two links on each hub. You may want to add one link to your site, and another link to your blog, or another HubPage, or an Ezine article, or a YouTube video.
The Social Profit Formula has an entire video module on how to make money from HubPages. Whether your objective is to drive traffic to your money site, build audience trust, rank high on search engines, or earn revenue through ads on your hub pages, HubPages should be a fundamental piece in your social media marketing toolbox.